Cannot merge version(s) in Releases menu

Noel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2020

Use RC versions during the sprint period,

When the sprint is over and it's time to release, merge the RC versions,

After merging, I listed issues based on fixVersion and used them as Release Notes.

In the next-gen project, you cannot find the merge menu in the Releases version menu.

1 answer

0 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

Hi @Noel

releases functionality in Next-gen projects was released recently (end of November 2019) and is still missing a few key features.

There is a public roadmap you can follow for updates that are coming soon https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#shipped

Looking on the roadmap the only change to the Releases is bringing CI/CD information to the release hub so it doesn't look like they'll bring this functionality back to Next-gen any time soon.

If this is an important feature for you I would consider using Classic project in the meantime instead. They're planning to bring roadmaps to Classic projects in few months anyway :)

Suggest an answer