Does anyone know if I clone an epic from one project/board, the move that epic to another project whether changes from the original epic will automatically update the one that I cloned then moved?
1. DBA project below has one epic called DBA Phase 1 (with multiple cards, stories etc)
2. I clone DBA Phase 1 = "Clone - DBA Phase 1"
3. I move Clone - DBA Phase 1 to PMO Planning project
4. Clone - DBA Phase 1 is now under (as a clone) to PMO Planning project (will show under roadmap view)
5. Can I sync up Clone - DBA Phase 1 and DBA Phase 1 together such that if one changes (i.e a card in the epic is updated, epic or individual tasks/cards assigned to someone else, or a field is changed, comments entered etc) the other one automatically syncs/updates?
Hello @George Karantzas
I would suggest instead of cloning you could also Exalate from one project to another. And we can help you with the sync between the issues of the two projects.
I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team, which is a live synchronization tool. If you agree to this solution we can help you with live syncing of the multiple projects.
Exalate is made for the use case you described. As it allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between multiple Jira instances. Or separate projects in your local Jira.
It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments and custom fields. You can control what to sync and what not, and much more ....
It can also cater to your situation of dealing in a private to public sync, You can find out more about it here.
By the way, It might also be useful to set up a live video-discussion to demonstrate how Exalate would get set up for your use case
Would that be valuable to you? You can book a suitable slot here.