Automatically syncing epics -> Cloning & Move Epic (any card underneath)

Deleted user June 30, 2019

Hi there,

Does anyone know if I clone an epic from one project/board, the move that epic to another project whether changes from the original epic will automatically update the one that I cloned then moved? 

For example:

1. DBA project below has one epic called DBA Phase 1 (with multiple cards, stories etc)

2. I clone DBA Phase 1 = "Clone - DBA Phase 1"

3. I move Clone - DBA Phase 1 to PMO Planning project 

4. Clone - DBA Phase 1 is now under (as a clone) to PMO Planning project (will show under roadmap view)

5. Can I sync up Clone - DBA Phase 1 and DBA Phase 1 together such that if one changes (i.e a card in the epic is updated, epic or individual tasks/cards assigned to someone else, or a field is changed, comments entered etc) the other one automatically syncs/updates?

Jira Epic Clone and Move.png

1 answer

0 votes
Riddhi Shah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2019

Hello @[deleted]

I would suggest instead of cloning you could also Exalate from one project to another. And we can help you with the sync between the issues of the two projects.

I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team, which is a live synchronization tool. If you agree to this solution we can help you with live syncing of the multiple projects.

Exalate is made for the use case you described. As it allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between multiple Jira instances. Or separate projects in your local Jira.

It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments and custom fields. You can control what to sync and what not, and much more ....

It can also cater to your situation of dealing in a private to public sync, You can find out more about it here.

1.png

By the way, It might also be useful to set up a live video-discussion to demonstrate how Exalate would get set up for your use case

Would that be valuable to you? You can book a suitable slot here.

Cheers,

Riddhi

Deleted user July 2, 2019

I was looking for something OOTB from Atlassian not a 3rd party tool

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events