Additional Field Types

Paul Steckler January 24, 2019

I have a Project that works perfectly for the broad team - Call it Project Blue. I am onboarding vendors who should not have access to everything in Blue.

My plan was to create a new project, Red, and clone issues from Blue --> Red for vendors to work. However we are stumbling in that:

1. I cannot copy/clone/import settings from Blue to Red in next-gen
  2. I cannot re-use an Issue Type from Blue to Red; it looks like a need to rebuild the entire issue type in Red.

Anyone have good workarounds or suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Next-gen are independent projects, so all the settings are specific for each one, so if you create issue types, custom fields, it won't be available for any next-gen or classic projects.
Please, check the article below to find more information about next-gen projects:
- Everything you want to know about next-gen projects in Jira Cloud

Regards,
Angélica

Paul Steckler January 29, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Unfortunately this really breaks things when I need to have some people work in one project and some in another.

1. It's hard to know which project a field is coming from in Issues and views.

2. I now need to replicate settings

3. There is no way to easily copy one item to another project as the fields don't get copied.

I know the goal is a simple tool for next-gen but given the lack of permissioning this makes it very difficult for complex teams.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback!
For now, we must wait for new features to be implemented on next-gen and you are more than welcome to share your ideas as feature requests on jira.atlassian.com.
You can check the sub-tasks on the feature JSWCLOUD-17392 which has all ideas for next-gen projects.
Also, we have a roadmap showing the features that are being developed:
- Next-gen roadmap for Jira Software Cloud

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer