secure communications

Floyd Shackelford December 8, 2013

our new policy is that everything we send over the internet be encrytped. currently, all emails from confluence are in clear text. this is a problem.

everyone in our organization has installed some form of GPG or PGP and genned their own key-pairs.

we would like to add a user's pgp public key to each user's profile in concluence so that our emails from confluence are encrypted. in fact, we'd like to make encrypted email a requirement. if a user wants to watch and he hasn't uploaded his public key, he can't watch until he does so.

i don't currently see how this is possible in confluence. is there an add-on that provides this?

anyway, please advise how we can make something like this happen, or suggest an alternative.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2013

Floyd,

Currently this is not possible. I'd suggest that you raise a new feature at jira.atlassian.com. Other than that, you could customize your installation, but adding such feature would require some heavy changes in the source code.

0 votes
Andrew Murdoch June 17, 2022

2013, it's 2022, and it's still not supported, when will this feature be ready?  There is no excuse for why Atlassian isn't fully PGP ready, across all infrastructure.

Metin Savignano June 20, 2022

Our app enables email encryption for Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket on Server and Data Center, but we cannot make it available for Cloud. Because of the different architecture, we need Atlassian to offer an API that allows us to access the notifications emails. 

If you want to support our approach, may I suggest that you vote for JSDCLOUD-8850 to raise awareness.

Suggest an answer