please help: blacklisted words preventing asking question

dandoyle212 August 15, 2015

I tried to post a question but it is being rejected based on language. There is nothing wrong with the language. Anyway, it says to contact an administrator and has not other information. There is no information in here as to how to contact an administrator. This is frustrating for a simple question on using hipchat.

Here is a screenshot of the "infringement": http://screencast.com/t/zXYr4aGdGr

4 answers

0 votes
Anthony Wood March 6, 2017

Hate to state the obvious, but you could just remove chunks of text at a time to find the infringing words - then once you find it, change it. Mine didn't like the words "Personal" followed by "PC" for obvious (but in this case unintentional) reasons - I was describing how I reproduced an error with the SaaS version of JIRA on different machines, different networks etc.

0 votes
Nick August 31, 2015

I would also like to know the list as my post of an answer was rejected. Or better still it would be great to highlight the offensive words as trying to eliminate a particular word out of a long list is quite difficult.

My list of words (please do not be offended  if you see an offensive word, perhaps it I do not fully understand all the senses of a word from below):

a, and, can, changed, clauses, closed, during, from, further, in, interpretation, is, items, like, more, my, namely, not, november, now, of, otherwise, perhaps, query, refine, requirement, since, so, something, start, status, the, this, title, using, variation, was, with, you, your

Your post was rejected because it contains blacklisted words. Please contact the admin for more information.

0 votes
dandoyle212 August 18, 2015

Thanks for the response, Nic.

I finally got an Android notification. I have not received an SMS yet. I have not quite figured out if I need to have "Stay Connected" checked or not and how this impedes notifications. If not Stay Connected, are notifications received in the background? If not Stay Connected, is the only way to get new messages to open the Android App for hipchat?

I don't have this option for many apps that generate notifications so it is confusing to have this. I understand the intent is to save power but I am not sure the exact extent of what this means.

Dan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2015

Hard to say what the blacklisting might be, but the usual way to reach the admins here is to raise a request over at support.atlassian.com

Sadly, I can't read the screencast, it gives me broken-image when I try to expand it to a size I can read!

Suggest an answer