how to bulk export of all test cases in xls or csv

jvinodh November 5, 2013

We can export a single test case to csv, I need to know if we can export in bulk (all TEST cases into one file meaning not 1 at a time) AND be able to export test cases with their results. Please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Hi Vinodh,

Yes this is possible. What you can do is use the Search Test Executions screen to search for all the test cases you want to export. Once you find them all you can export them out including all of their results.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Search+Test+Executions

Kind Regards,

Emily

jvinodh November 5, 2013

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the quick response, I already did the search but didnt get any result. Also does search query will run in 1.7 version or the latest version, coz we are using 1.7 version of zephyr.

Could you please send me a sample query that would export all fields of TEST cases in a project and export it to xls or csv file?

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Vinodh

Like Barbara Friedman likes this
0 votes
shikha Goswami June 1, 2021

how to export issues from jita to excel with test steps and test data

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2021

Hey @shikha Goswami 

Try Better Excel Exporter, as it's integrated with Zephyr and can export your test steps, executions, and other test data. See some examples >>>

shikha Goswami June 3, 2021

@Levente Szabo _Midori_ thanks ..can u plz help me out in one more thing ..like i want to cascade select list in jira from excel ,can u plz help me out in this ..it will be a  great help for me 

0 votes
Dee Colton January 15, 2017

I have the same query above however my test has not been executed.  I need to export a bulk of test cases to into a CSV.  Also, when in Test Cycle, I know I can click on "Export Tests" for each Test Case but not bulk.  How can this be function be performed for a bulk list of test cases.  Last, I have tried as an example to Export Test in all three formats and only the headers are appearing.  Is there a setting in the backend that I am missing?  Help.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Hi Vinodh,

In order to get this feature you will need to upgrade to Zephyr for JIRA 2.0.1.1426. It is only on this version that you can export out how it is you are seeking. There are already example queries built into Zephyr for JIRA 2.0.1.1426 for you to use as well. Also, here is a list of keywords so you can do a ZQL query:

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/ZQL+Reference

We are also going to be releasing Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 in about a week. Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 will be fully compatible with JIRA 6.1.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer