find deleted issues

DarrinL May 25, 2012

Is there a way for the administrator (myself) find the issues in Jira that have been deleted? I would like to know who deleted and when it was deleted. It would also be great if I can undelete.

cheers,

Darrin

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2012

No.

The data has gone from the database completely, so there's absolutely no chance of an undelete. That also removes the history, as there's nothing to hang it on, so you can't work out who deleted it or when.

For plain Jira off-the-shelf, all you can do is enable access logging and that will catch who visited the issue view and delete screens. It won't help you much if someone does bulk-delete. Apache access logs are just as helpful.

However, if you install the Audit plugin, that will at least log who and when (individually and bulk edit), from the point at which you enable it. https://plugins.atlassian.com/43203

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2012

Bother. Again, I didn't notice the OnDemand flag. I don't think the plugin I mention is available to OnDemand users, and I don't know if you can get at your logs. So you might be stuck.

1 vote
Acid Oranges August 21, 2018

(only for server) You can also take a look to this small app for Jira that logs the deleted issues: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219171/who-deleted-my-issues

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2020

For cloud, you can try Restore Deleted Issues app. It allows you track, search and restore deleted issues which are deleted after you install the app.

Mick C June 15, 2021

That link goes to a different app.

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2021

Thanks for checking @Mick C . I just updated the link.

Suggest an answer