creating a sub-task within a workflow

Xavier July 13, 2012

I'm having issues creating a sub-task within a workflow.

I've installed the JIRA Create on transition plugin and have created a "Raise a Question" transition to invoke the creation of the sub-task (I've already created a "Sub-question" sub-task type).

If I go to create a sub-task via the More Actions -> Create sub-task menu, it works fine.

But if I do it from my workflow transition button, the screen comes up with the "There are no issue types with compatible field configuration and/or workflow associations." message - see attached screenshot.

I've been through the associations and have associated the "Sub-question" sub task to the project and have created a sub-task workflow, but I must be missing something.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Towkach July 14, 2012

A custom plugin would allow you full control over populating the sub-task fields. I have personally written such a plugin and it works great.

Xavier October 9, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Any idea how to go about this? Or can you share the plugin you created?

Thanks!

0 votes
Xavier July 13, 2012

I've found out why: I had a transition screen which fills in the appropriate information, but is still linked to the originating issue type (here it's a task). Removing that transition means the sub-task is created automatically.

However, what I'd like is to be able to populate the fields of the sub-question via a screen, and I think I can't do that in just one process.

I'll have more of a play but it might just be easier to create a new issue instead of a sub-task.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know :)

Suggest an answer