closing the issue

Johny rao October 28, 2012

closing the issue

5 answers

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Hi Anshul,

Could you explain further? Screenshots, perhaps? This might require creating a support ticket...

Hi Nic,

When i click the add gadget button on the dashboard then the pop up window that contains list of all the gadgets contains duplicate entry for the gadgets ie each gadget is being displayed twice.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2012

Ok, what plugins have you installed? Can you check the log file around the start up of Jira to see if it's loading more than it should? Have you added any new gadgets?

The logs only indicate subversion index corrupt error.Most of them are atlassian plugins.Recently,no new gadget has been added.Could subversion index be the root cause for the above mentioned error?Please suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2012

I very much doubt that the subversion plugin would cause the gadgets to duplicate.

I think you should rule out Christian's suggested first - do you have any "trusted applications" set up at all?

0 votes
Asheesh Zar October 30, 2012

Hi Christian,

Np. Thanks for your time on this.

0 votes
Asheesh Zar October 30, 2012

Hi Christian,

I am from Anshul's team and keeping a track of this issue. We do not have a second Jira instance configured as a trusted application with this affected Jira instance.

Some of the steps which I already tried (to clear plugin cache) but it did not work.

1. Shutdown Jira
2. Removed backup jar files
2. Removed .osgi-plugins and .bundled-plugins directory
3. Cleared work dir
4. Started Jira
5. Re-indexed Jira

Any guidance towards it's fix will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Asheesh

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hey, as far as I can see a support ticket has been created. (answer has been marked correct). I'm afraid there is nothing I can do here.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Hey,

do you have a second JIRA instance configured as a trusted application? That way you can use system gadgets from your other instance resulting in gadgets showing up twice...

Cheers

Christian

Hi Christian,

Could you please elaborate a little about the root cause that you have suggested.

Thanks in advance !

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2012

Could you explain what you mean by "getting duplicate entry". What do you see on screen? Where? And what does your log say?

Suggest an answer