cannot update the work log in eclipse

Alex Lixandru October 18, 2011

I get the same error as reported here: http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257360680

I'm using eclipse for web developers.

-----

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110301-1815

2 answers

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2011

Hi Alex,

Would you be able to install clean standalone JIRA locally and test your Eclipse and Connector with such fresh install?

Can you also paste full error message here and check you Eclipse error log for any related entries?

Thanks,

Jacek

Alex Lixandru October 24, 2011

Hello,

I cannot get a clean installation of JIRA right now - I will try to do that when I free up a bit.

As for the log, I did not see anything related to this in Eclise Error Log (I looked both from whithin Eclipse and from the .log file). Apparently there's nothing logged when this occurs.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this, enabling debugging or anything.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex Lixandru October 31, 2011

Hello,

I found an error in the Eclipse Error Log - it happened when choosing "Stop work and log work done":

com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraServiceUnavailableException: Server error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.callOnce(JiraSoapClient.java:529)
at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.provisional.commons.soap.AbstractSoapClient.call(AbstractSoapClient.java:56)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.call(JiraSoapClient.java:498)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.soap.JiraSoapClient.addWorkLog(JiraSoapClient.java:643)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.JiraClient.addWorkLog(JiraClient.java:554)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.ui.actions.StartWorkAction$4.run(StartWorkAction.java:271)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

eclipse.buildId=M20110210-1200
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=ro_RO
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Nothing new in the log. It looks like a problem with JIRA at first sight. I would need to know if the plugin works with the clean JIRA installation. This way we can check where the problem is located.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2011

What is your Atlassian Connector version? What is your JIRA version?

Alex Lixandru October 19, 2011

Here is what I could find:

Atlassian JIRA: v4.2.1-b588#588-r134392
Atlassian JIRA Connector: 3.0.0.v20110210
Mylyn Connector: JIRA (Compatibility): 3.4.0
Mylyn Task List: 3.6.2.v20110908-0706

Thank you!

Alex

Suggest an answer