What's the use of this "GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme"?

I'm not sure how this got created, or what it's used for, but I see a GreenHopper Scrum Issue Type Scheme in my admin area.

Why does GH try to impose it's own issue type scheme if you can only use one for your entire project? What's wrong with whatever custom one I've set up so far? It doesn't seem I must use this GH scheme to actually make use of GH or am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 06, 2012
GreenHopper is supporting SCRUM methods to work in a project. If you do SCRUM as its intended, you need some new issue types: Stories and Technical Tasks.

I think some functionality of GreenHopper is only working when you use the SCRUM Issue Type Scheme. That's why we have added our custom issue types to the SCRUM scheme and use this one. But I'm not sure, if this is possible in the hosted Version of Jira.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

445 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot