User is not receiving custom plain text email notification that uses velocity template.

Ailah Aujero March 21, 2012

We have a user who is not receiving any emails from JIRA that utilize our custom email velocity templates. He does, however, receive emails that utilize the default JIRA templates. All of our notifications are plain text, not html. And this user is the only person that has reported not receiving our custom emails. We have tested it and it appears to be isolated to just him.

Is there a setting I can check either in JIRA or even on this user's Outlook Email account that might be prohibiting him from receiving our custom emails. The errors that appear in the logs indicate that it is trying to send this user an email with no content and then fails.

Here is the error:

2012-03-12 15:48:36,172 Sending mailitem com.atlassian.jira.mail.IssueMailQueueItem@22d561[issue=com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl@73ea6a[id=15980,summary=TEST - TESTING CUSTOM EMAIL NOTIFICATION,key=MEDMGMT-462,created=2012-03-12 15:46:35.667,updated=2012-03-12 15:47:10.873,assignee=<null>,reporter=aaujero],remoteUser=aaujero,notificationType=User_Custom_Field_Value,eventTypeId=10007,templateId=500] ERROR aaujero 948x154x1 1i65agj /secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin.jspa [atlassian.jira.mail.MailingListCompiler] Failed adding mail for notification recipient: [email=cbuck01@amerigroupcorp.com, user=cbuck01]
org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Trying to send mail with no content.

3 answers

0 votes

@Dieter - I see what you're talking about! Thank you :)

He did have his email type preference set to HTML. Once switched to Text he received our emails.

I guess what is perplexing to me is that he was receiving the default JIRA emails in a text format, but not our custom emails that are in a text format. Wondering why he would receive the default but not the custom if they are both text? It is working now but I guess I'm still confused?

0 votes

@Dieter - Not sure what you're referring to in regards to Preferences. Is this a JIRA setting? We are utilizing JIRA 4.3.4

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

if that problem is bound to user cbuck01 only, what is the email type in his Preferences ?

Suggest an answer