Upgrading Software Order/Sequence

Justin Ton June 3, 2013

We are about to upgrade all licenses to the current versions.

Jira (4.4.4)

Confluence (4.1.9)

Fisheye (2.7.8)

Crucible (2.7.8)

Greenhopper (5.8.7)

Is there a recommended order in which to upgrade? I'm assuming Jira should be first. Does it matter what is upgraded next?

2 answers

1 vote
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

License or application version? I think in either case, GreenHopper should go last as it is a plugin for JIRA. Other applications can happen at the same time or sequentially as you have listed.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hi Justin,

Just want to chip in here. I'm not entirely sure about FishEye or Crucible sequence. However in regards to JIRA and Confluence instregation, since there are no major migration from the mentioned version, it is not necessary for you to upgrade Confluence or JIRA first.

It is fine either way.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Have to make sure the application links are supported by older versions if you upgrade a particular instance though. Have found this to be a gotcha.

Suggest an answer