Unknown fields included in export to Excel

Ritupurna Biswal May 8, 2013

Hi,I am using JIRA 5.1.8 which is integrated with green hopper.While exporting issues to excel some fields like rank,'Date if First Response',Flagged,Epic/Theme are coming in the excel with values in 'Rank' and 'Date of FirstResponse' fields even if those fields are not associated with the project.This is for all the projects in JIRA irrespective of the GH is enabled for that project or not.I want to know the reason behind it and the solution to avoid this.

Please help.Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi, in JIRA admin; customfields, check the context of those fields you mentioned above. If it's global then it will appear if you export ALL fields. This is default behaviour. You can restrict the list of fields to be exported to excel.

Hi Chan,Thanks for your quick response.

Yes,those fields are global thats why they are coming in excel all fields.Can you please let me know from where the values are coming in those fields specifically in Rank and 'Date of First Response' fields?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

They come from Greenhopper. If you've set and use them then they get set to a value.

GreenHopper is integrated with my JIRA ,But it is not enabled for my project ,I amnot using them at all.I can only see those values in excel nowhere else.

So my concern is how the values are coming for my project?

thanks

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

Contact Atlassian support, but more like raise a feature/change in Greenhopper/JIRA project. It'll still likely be there. Anything that is global will be available. That's decided by customfield context.

Suggest an answer