Team Capacity for a Sprint

Bryan Bowman January 8, 2012

I am trying to update a team member's capacity for a sprint (represented by a Jira version). I am able to add a team member to a sprint by going to Projects > Versions > [my version] > People. I can add a user's time to the sprint by using the "Plan Time" dialog. However, once I have set the values, I am not able to go back and edit the values. Nor am I able to remove a team member from the sprint.

Thanks for your help.

Bryan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2013

Greetings!

When you plan for time as an estimate, you cannot change it after the sprint starts. Unless I am not understanding the question correctly. With that, this seemed to be a similar post:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/66723/add-story-points-after-sprint-has-begun

In that case, its still not clear whether the issue was solved but I wanted to point the comment that was made:

However, have in mind that you need to make sure that the Story Points field is visible in the project screens. You can find that in the Field Configurations for that project.

Then you can, indeed, hit 'e' and change the issue in "JIRA" Mode (not in the GreenHopper preview). Can you try that and see if it works?

And yet another, similar post in nature that might be beneficial:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159293/can-green-hopper-5-8-7-display-added-time-estimates-in-rapid-board-jira-ondemand

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

0 votes
Bryan Bowman July 16, 2013

Hey Jason, thanks for the answer. I think when I posed this question we were running a 30-day trial of Tempo.

I was trying to do some resource leveling to determine who was over capacity and provide leadership with an emperical view of how much work my team could get done in a sprint.

If I recall correctly, when I added a team member's available time in a day, I wasn't able to go back and edit that entry. Kindof a moot point now but that was the scenario.

Thanks again!

Bryan

Cliff Perea November 1, 2018

Hi Bryan,

I just came across this posting and wanted to confirm with you what Tempo is, because I am new to Jira and I am also trying to find an add-in that allows me to add team capacity into each sprint, so I can track their daily capacity and also when they are out of the office. Does Tempo do this? I have used Team Foundation Server in the past and that ability is built into the software, but looks like Jira doesn't have it in the baseline software, so an add-in is required. Any help you can give me would be great!

Thanks,

Cliff

Suggest an answer