Can Green Hopper 5.8.7 Display Added Time Estimates In Rapid Board - Jira OnDemand

Jason Lan April 17, 2013

I am starting to use the Rapid board for sprint scrums on the Jira OnDemand site and notcie some differences than the classic view.

1. Can I have an added up value of "time remaining" on all story cards for each column? So like in classic view on the Task Board there is a time value added up from all of the story cards in that column.

2. Is there an easy way to ediut directly on the Story Cards or do I have to open them up form the rapid board?

I am having trouble adding more information to the story cards so if there is a document that can help me plkease sedn it over.

Gracious!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2013

Hi Jason,

To answers your questions:

1. Yes, if you've configured your rapid boards to show "time remaining" then the "time remaining" estimate should show up on your story cards in the classic planning view. Additionally they should be summed if you've configured your project to have Greenhopper perform "time aggregation".

2. You should be able to edit easily from the cards on the classic planning board. Although I think that editing from the Rapid Board is much easier (its my preference though).

Tasks you can perform in the Classic Planning Board include:

- Adding a Sub-Task

- Editing the Issue in JIRA (will open the Issue and navigate away from the Classic Planning Board)

- Updating Priority

- Assigning the Issue

- Commenting on the Issue

- Logging Work

- Deleting

- Update the Issue Summary

- Edit the Version

- Edit the Components

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Alex

Jason Lan April 17, 2013

Thank you Alexandra, that was really helpful.

For answer #1 do you know a way to get these estimates shown in the new OnDemand Rapid Board?

I would like to move away form the classic boards all together if possible and this would be a big help at seeing how much work is left to be done in each status.

Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2013

Hi Jason,

The configuration settings mentioned above should be reflected on both the Classic Board and Rapid Boards. No additional configuration is needed.

Now to configure "Time Remaining" on your rapid board, open the rapid board, select configure from the tools dropdown, select the "Estimation" tab in the Configure screen and under "Time Tracking" select "remaining estimate and time spent" (the default is "none"). Once you do that your board should be set to reflect "Time Remaining".

Suggest an answer