Strikethrough on some of the issues with 'Open' resolution

I understood JIRA should mark those issue with a value in the 'Resolution' field with strikethrough.

However, for what I see in my scrum board, one issue with resolution 'Open' is marked with a strikethrough, whereas another issue with the same resolution is not.
How can I make sure that all issues with status 'Open' (my default resolution when an issue is created) will not have a strikethrough.

Here's a link to my board:

1 answer

0 vote

It sounds like you have added a broken resolution, or you've done a bad thing with a field.

However, in your question, you seem to use the words status and resolution interchangably.  They are not the same thing, and we need to be totally accurate about what you actually mean here.

In your second sentence, do you really mean you have an issue with a resolution of open?  Or do you mean status?  In your third sentence you mention an open status and then call it resolution in the brackets - which is it?

Can you tell us what the status AND resolution is for the broken issue?

I'm sorry for the confusion, my bad.

For both issues the status is "Reported" and the resolution is "Open".

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Example for a broken issue Key is (strikethrough): ONE-3015
Example for a correct issue Key is (no strikethrough): ONE-3018

No, it's not. I think you'll find one-3018 is showing "unresolved", and one-3015 is showing "open"

Go to your list of resolutions as an admin and rename "open" to "broken resolution, do not use" and try the checks again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

118 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot