Status of a new sub-task, can that automated to be intially the same as parent's status?

Antti Keinanen January 9, 2013

We are using a simple Kanban board with Greenhopper Simplified Workflow.

We do our planning so that we take items from the backlog and move them to the status "Selected for Development", and there we add the needed sub-tasks to them.

The problem with this approach is that all new subtasks go by first by default to "Backlog" status, but I'd like them to appear directly to "Selected for Development" status, just like their parent issue. Yes I can move the new subtasks easily from "Backlog" to "Development", but is there a smarter way to make them appear in the right status right away?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antti Keinanen January 24, 2013

Thanks, but as we are using OnDemand these do not help me. I guess we just have to do this manually.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013
0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

It seems that you need the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin.

Suggest an answer