Sprint Marker doesnt save its possition and is placed differently for every user

Katja Kühne August 6, 2012

Hey,

I have 2 questions:

we are using the scrum mode in jira. Our scrum master is planning the next sprints and does that with the sprint marker.

1. Sometimes she loggs in and the stories that she originally put above the markers are all below. Is there something she neds to do, so that its saving her work?

2. Is it possible that all users see what the scrum master put above the sprint marker? Or is that just per user? Atm everyone has its own sprint marker and can put above it whatever they want. It would be nicer for everyone to see, what might come up in the next sprint.

Cheers

Katja

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

The latest GH stores this in database. Can you tell me which version of GH are you using?

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

This is indeed good to know. Can you tell me from wich version of GH this is in effect?

0 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Hi Kaja,

many information that Greenhopper saves for you are stored in a cookie. As far as I know the spint marker is handled like this. The answeres for your questions therefore are:

1) Yes, not deleting cookies. This may affect browser settings, Usage of different browsers, computers7devices (i.g. mobile vs. desk).

2) Actualy not. As I pointed out allready this is done through cookies in JIRA.

Hope that helps?

Cheers, David

EDIT this only applies to older versions of GH

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Which version of GreenHopper?

Suggest an answer