Show action result in a dialog

Andrés del Pino May 7, 2013

I'm new to jira-plugin development and I'm finding it a bit difficult to start with due to the lack of documentation and examples (at least it lacks in my opinion).

Right now I'm trying to show content on a dialog. What I've done so far is the following:

• Create a link with href="/secure/myAction!myMethod.jspa" with class="trigger-dialog".
  • In the action method I prepare the data which I will show in the dialog. Which will finally call a view.
  • Prepare a .vm file which will show the content of the dialog.

I think at this point everything is ok, in fact I see the content of the dialog. But the problem is that I can't find how to set the title of the dialog, add buttons to the footer which can call other actions. Also I can't find how to specify the dialog size.

Googling and checking the documentation seems everybody creates the dialogs using Javascript. Is this the only way? In my opinion is easier to use the velocity template.

Is there any way to get specify all the options that are available using Javascript but using a velocity template?

Anyone knows about good site for examples and documentation for this?

Thank you!

5 answers

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Hi,

Can you post me the URL of the pop up window?

And I think that you have omitted the context path

replace your url with this url :contextPath+ /secure/MyAction!method.jspa', 'UserPicker'

0 votes
Andrés del Pino May 8, 2013

Hi zezeto,

I already have the webwork action created.

With openMultiWindow you mean a JavaScript function like the following?

function openMultiWindow() {
var vWin = window.open('/secure/MyAction!method.jspa', 'UserPicker', 'status=yes,resizable=yes,top=100,left=200,width=580,height=750,scrollbars=yes');
vWin.opener = self;
vWin.focus();
}

This opens a new window, but I haven't found any other reference to openMultiWindow. Am I missing something?

Using this I also had to remove the class="trigger-dialog". Otherwise I get an error

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi,

I think that to use velocity template, you must devlop a webworkaction.

You can call this action with function openMultiWindow

0 votes
Andrés del Pino May 7, 2013

Hi zezeto,

thanks for the information. Unfortunately I didn't find anything there that can help me

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hi,

In this link there are more interesting examples

http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials.html

Good Luck

Suggest an answer