Set default colours for issue types on all boards

Job September 12, 2012

Hi all,

I'm using the new functionality of setting the card colours on the board (which is a great feature).

We use the same issue types for all projects. I can define the card colours of any given board by editing the board and setting the colours. However, I have to do this for every board we've got, which is quite time consuming. Also, you can't set the colour of issue types that aren't yet on the board. So if I add a subtask of a previous unused issue type on a board, it gets a colour determined by Greenhopper and I then have to change it.

I was wondering if it's possible to define a colour scheme for all boards so I have to define them only once and they'll be the same for all projects for all subtasks.

Thanks!

Job Kelderman

1 answer

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Can you edit your project templates in GH admin (just asking since I'm not on a hosted environment)? I usually create a template (or change the default let's say scrum template) and edit the card style.

Cheers

Christian

Job March 10, 2013

I've tried editing the project template. However, this doesn't change anything. The colors i set aren't used in new/old projects. The template page also says "The configuration options below only apply to Classic Planning Board, Classic Task Board, Classic Chart Board and Classic Released Board."

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

I was talking about the classic boards. Sorry if I misinterpreted you question

Suggest an answer