Search for a user in Active Directory

Jannik Mortensen August 19, 2014

Hello,

I cant find a solution to this. In my Jira i have added our company AD, and users validate with their samaccountname. Now when i want to assign an issue to eg. John Nielsen, i need to know his Samaccountname to look him up.(which is nielsenj in our company).

Can i search for their full name when assigning, instead of samaccountname?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

I think you don t have the "Browse Users" Permission, so the autocomplete for his realname won t work.

Jannik Mortensen August 20, 2014

Thank you very much, it was the browse users permission. Its working now.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Hi Jannik, actually that should be like this by default. You may need to check if the field User Display Name Attribute in your directory in JIRA is mapped to the correct attribute in your LDAP (displayName by default in AD) and that the user has the correct information in this attribute.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer