Resultion date not appearing in query results but appears on issue

USE FOR LICENSES October 18, 2012

Jira is exhibiting some strange behavior that I don't understand. If I run the query _resolutiondate = empty and resolution != Unresolved_ many issues are returned. If I add the column *Resolved* to the query results the date is blank for all issues. However, if I open each issue individually there is a valid *Resolved* date and the *Resolution* field has a valid resolution. There does not seem to be any reason or pattern to why this happens. I can look at two different issues from the same project, same issuetype, resolved on the same day, by the same person, with the exact same workflow transitions, and one will show the *Resolved* date in the query results and the other will not. Can you explain how these dates work and what could possibly be causing this?

2 answers

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

The following steps fixed this problem:

Rebuild your JIRA index from scratch

• Shutdown JIRA.
  • Delete all the files in the following folders:
    • <JIRA-INSTALL>/work
    • <JIRA-HOME>/caches/indexes
  • Restart JIRA
  • Run the Re-Index. (Administration > System > Advanced > Indexing > Re-Index)

I hope it helps the next users!

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi Stephen,

From your description it seems the indexes are out of synch. Can you try rebuilding the indexes from scratch by proceed as follows:

* Stop your JIRA

* Delete the content of your $JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes folder

* Restart your JIRA

* Index it

Then try performing the search again.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer