Resolution Time chart, Indexing is currently not configured

Deleted user October 19, 2014

Hi,

we get on the JIRA server error on Dashboard for the Resolution Time chart: "gadget.common.indexing=indexing is currently not configured so no issue searching can be performed". We try to disable/enalbe the plugin, set jira.indexing.option=true in jira-congif.properties, restart JIRA and nothing helped.

How to solve this issue?

Best Regards,

Ivan

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user October 22, 2014

Can anyone help me with this one? I looked at the log file, but there isn't anything writen for that error.

Best Regards,

Ivan

Deleted user December 2, 2014

The problem was solved. The issue was the translation packed that we made, some part of the translation package did somehow affect that Resolution Time gadget. After deleting that part, the chart was correctly displaying.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2014

Hi Ivan,

This bug has been fixed already as per https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JCHART-458.

Please update your plugin to the version 1.26.1 and it should work fine.

Cheers.

Deleted user October 20, 2014

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Resolutin Time chart isn't included with JIRA charting plugin, as it says: "Note: the following charts have been built in to JIRA 4.0 and later, so are no longer part of the Charting plugin: Resolution Time" The Resolution Time chart is in JIRA Gadget plugin which is a system plugin that can't be updated. And that version of plugin is for Jira version 6.3.3 - 6.3.8. Best Regards, Ivan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2014

Yup, that's a known bug.  Follow https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39943 for more info

Thanks, I see that thay solved this with JIRA version 6.3.3 and above in JIRA charting plugin for some charts, hope they will solve this for earlier vesions in near future.

But how that it was working in the beginning? Just at some moment it throw that error, how come?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2014

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

I mean that the Resolution Time chart worked when I added on the dashboard for the first time and it was good let say for the first 20 days. After that period the chart doesn't work, i don't know the cause why it stopped working, just that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2014

What version of Jira are you on, and have you made any changes to it?

6.2.6. Installed some plugins, nothing special. Disabled/enabled the Resolution Time chart in system Jira Gadgets plugin but still nothing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2014

Something you did probably upset the index and data, and triggered the bug. Without knowing exactly what you changed, it's hard to tell. Assuming the plugin is enabled, and the right fields are there, I'd try re-indexing when you can afford the downtime.

Deleted user October 22, 2014

Try re-indexing, still the same error: "gadget.common.indexing=indexing is currently not configured so no issue searching can be performed"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events