Problem facing with CSV file import to JIRA...

Ram Prayaga February 15, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to import data from CSV file to JIRA, During the 3 rd step I have encountered with an error shown as below :

Invalid project key PRJA-1: You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters

And I have changed the key with some new values & tried to import, This time in the first step only I have encountered with error :

java.io.IOException: Malformed CSV stream. Missing [,] near offset 9 after field 0 on line 1

please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance...

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2012

Your CSV is not well formatted it seems? Are you able to open it in Excel?

Ram Prayaga February 16, 2012

Thanks for the Response Jobin. And Yes I am able to open it in Excel. By the way I am using JIRA 4.4.3 working on Windows7...

0 votes
Fernando Horn July 26, 2012

I'm having the same problem. This is my two first lines:

<colgroup><col width="211"> <col width="174"> <col width="264"> <col width="105"> <col width="181"> <col width="157"> <col width="80"> <col width="64"> <col width="138"> <col width="139"> <col width="64"> <col width="239"> <col width="151"> <col span="6" width="64"> </colgroup>
Project Key Summary Priority Created Component/s Description Category Status Browser/s or Device/s Operational system/s Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 Attachment 4 Attachment 5
Buscape Mobile iOS BUSCMOB-1 [Texto] Alguns textos na tela inicial estão em plural e outros não Minor 17/07/2012 09:54 Tela Inicial EXPECTED:
Um padrão na tela inicial, todos produtos no plural ou nenhum.

ACTUAL:
Alguns produtos na tela inicial está em plural e a maioria não.
User Interaction Open IPhone 3GS iOS attachments/BUSCMOB-1/21309.jpg attachments/BUSCMOB-1/21307.jpg attachments/BUSCMOB-1/21308.jpg attachments/BUSCMOB-1/21311.jpg attachments/BUSCMOB-1/21310.jpg
Buscape Mobile iOS BUSCMOB-2

[Botões] Botão 'Busca' não é

intuitivo

Major 17/07/2012 10:24 Tela Inicial EXPECTED:

Botão 'Busca' poderia ser chamado de 'Home' visto que o botão 'Busca' retorna para a página inicial.

ACTUAL:

Botão 'Busca' passa a impressão de ser um título da seção e não um botão que retorna a página inicial.
User Interaction Open iPad iOS attachments/BUSCMOB-2/21304.png
0 votes
Ram Prayaga February 20, 2012

Thanks Nic, It is working now. The file is not formatted correctly the fields are seperated by a semicolon instead of comma.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2012

That's not CSV - could you give us the plain text CSV, not just formatted data? We need to see exactly what Jira is reading from the file, not what you think it should be reading.

0 votes

<colgroup><col width="64"><col width="37"><col width="78"><col width="88"></colgroup>
Project Key Summary Issue Type
ProjectA PJA Summary1 Requirement
ProjectA PJA Summary2 Defect
ProjectA PJA Summary3 Task

Here I am providing my CSV file data...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2012

As Wojciech says, we need to see your data to tell you where the problem is? The error message is telling you that the data is incorrectly formatted, so we need to see it to be able to point you at the error.

0 votes

Hi Wojciech Seliga, thanks for your response. Now it is working fine for me. The 1st issue that I have mentioned is due to invalid format of CSV file.

But for the IOException mentioned above I am still getting that, if I do any modification to the field of the CSV file which I have already used and tried to use again...

I am using JIRA Importers Plugin 3.5.3...

0 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2012

Could you please paste here first 2 lines of your CSV file?

Another question: which version of JIRA Importers Plugin do you use with JIRA instance? It's probably 3.5.x, but recently we were shuffling with CSV parser libraries used, so this information is quite important.

Suggest an answer