Problem correctly linking Epic and story when story is in a sprint

Mikael Glentoft November 29, 2012

Hi

I'm having some problem with linking epics with stories correct.

It seems there is some functionalty missing here.

Works

When a story is in the backlog, I can drag it to an epic and they get linked correctly (I can see the epic tag on the story).

Does not work

When a story is in a sprint, then I can't drag it to an epic.

If I try to link the using the link feature, there is no option for epic link - only relates to, blocks, clones etc.

I've attached a screenshot where the 2 top stories are linked to an epic.

The top story is drag & dropped from the backlog and the second one is linked with relates to - which only creates a generic link, not an epic link.

How can I correctly link a story to an epic (I want to link the ones already in my current sprint and/or closed).

Best regards,

Mikael

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

Hi Mikael,

As per mentioned in the support request raised in our system, apparently this is an intended behavior in GreenHopper at the current moment. We are only able to add issues to an epic if that issue is not part of an active Sprint.

Kindly see the following Story for more info on this:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6212

The link active Sprint issue to an epic feature is set to be implemented/improved in GreenHopper 6.1, hence perhaps you may kindly wait for a bit until the version is released to public.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer