New workflow editor is an incomplete work in progress - Why was it released?

Ronald Vallenduuk August 25, 2013

My experience with Jira today is a nightmare. First I find out that 'something' has changed in the way tickets and sprints are linked. The result is lots and lots of errors.

Now I find there's a slick new editor for workflows. It has nice Visio-style connector points and the first impression good. Then I start to actually use and find the following issues:

- I can't edit the transition end point. Have to go back to classic editor for that.

- I can't add a transition. Back to classic editor again.

- I can't move labels. They overlap and as a result I can't read some of them.

- Some transitions are missing. This is a blocker. If you clone a transition in the classic editor and switch to the new one only one of the cloned copies is visible.

That's just the really bad ones. They make me wonder if this new version was properly QA tested before being released into the wild. Or is Atlassian trying to use the Microsoft model where every customer is a tester?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

In my exprience, the visual editor is only good for making global transitions. Anything else, back to text.

Suggest an answer