New forum functionalities

Hello,

I don't understand why there is no a dedicated forum for each application (JIRA, CONFLUENCE, ...) like it was before this new forum?

Today, everything is mixed and it's not easy to treat only JIRA posts.

Or maybe there's a trick or another forum, per products?

Thank you.

François

2 answers

1 vote
Penny Wyatt Atlassian Team Jul 10, 2011

Hi François,

Answers has the concepts of "tags", which correspond to the old individual forums but also allow you to put a question in more than one category if needed. Clicking on a tag or searching for [tag] in the yellow search box will show you only the questions with that tag.

For example, to see only JIRA questions, you can go to https://answers.atlassian.com/tags/jira/ or type [jira] into the search field.

And hopefully one day you will be able to subscribe to tags such that you actually get all the mails from the tag!

Colin Goudie Community Champion Jul 10, 2011

Jamie, you already can unless I misunderstand you. There is a mail preference to get notifications to your favourite tags.

You can, but I only get around ~50% of the mails that I should do for the tags I'm following.

0 vote
Colin Goudie Community Champion Jul 10, 2011

Also, see this already asked question

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/454/why-was-a-single-answers-atlassian-com-instance-chosen-vs-one-for-each-atlassian-product

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 9 hours ago in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

25 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you