Need support to setup a JIRA test/developer server

I want to duplicate our production JIRA server in a test environment to validate some change and to test my upgrade procedure before applying the change in production.

I backup all the stuff I need, but when I restore on my new JIRA instance, I cannot log in. My production setup is configure with Crowd so maybe that's my problem. Can you help me to accomplish this task?

And with all theses restore failure, I'm not sure anymore of my backup plan. Yes we backup everything (I Hope) but I don't like the fact that's I cannot restore a backup successfully.

On my test server do I need to reinstall Crowd/Greenhopper/FishEye to successfully restore my JIRA.

Thank's

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stephane,

I am assuming your development server is not on the same system that your production instance runs on. In this case, your production and development server will have different IP addresses.

Because you are authenticating against crowd, your development server instance needs to be added as a new application in crowd to authenticate against it.

One more thing you would want to consider is, the application name and application password of your development server should be the same as your production system. This is if you just want to import the backup, import and straight away connect to crowd.

See section 1.2 here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianJIRA-Step1.ConfiguringCrowdtotalktoJIRA

It states, if multiple versions of jira are connecting to crowd, ensure that you define an application for each in crowd.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stéphane,

Do you have SSO enable in your production? If so, it may be why you are not able to log in you test instance. You may consider disabling it during your tests. See how to do this here, you just need to rever this changes.

As for the backup, which method are you using? Is it XML backups? You may like to see this page for backuping JIRA

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

102 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you