Keep the priority from the product backlog, when creating the sprint.

Roy December 5, 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me out. We are using agile for a while now. We prioritize our tasks in the Product Backlog and want our Sprint to use the same priority for those Tasks. The problem is that all the Sprint Tasks will stay on the bottom untill they're assigned a sub task. Is there a way around this? We are now assigning "dummy subtasks" to get the same priority in our Sprint as in our backlog.

Thanks for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hi, how are the swimlanes in your board configured? I think the default configuration is Stories, which has the description Group sub-tasks under their parent issue. Issues without sub-tasks will be shown in their own group at the bottom. It looks like this is what you are experiencing. You can try the configuration "No swimlanes", than you have exactly the same ranking as you have during the Plan view.

0 votes
Julian Norman February 24, 2014

I also experience this issue and find it frustrating as these tasks will look lower priority than they are compared with others in the sprint. I usually review the planning board to confirm priority of tickets in-sprint.

Suggest an answer