Is there a way to use OnDemand with MSIE 7?

Hello,

we use JIRA as helpdesk system. One of our customers has a policy requiring Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 as a web browser. Which is not only unsupported, but also unusable. Is there a way to use MSIE 7 on our JIRA (not affecting users with supported browsers) - i.e. HTML-only version?

Thanks

tv

1 answer

Hi Tomáš,

The only way I know to get IE7 working woth our products is to install the Google Chrome Frame plugin into the browser, but that does seem to work quite well in most cases: https://developers.google.com/chrome/chrome-frame/

The only problem with Chrome Frame is that it needs to be installed in each browser separately, but it could be an option depending on the number of users that need to access the instance.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

414 views 79 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you