Is it possible to install Jira-Agile on system with no internet connectivity?

David Weibel January 10, 2014

Is it possible to install Jira/Jira-Agile on a system with no internet connectivity? How painful is this? what are the dependencies?

2 answers

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

Yes you can. No worries with that I quite often install JIRA on local VMs which are not connected to internet. The only functionality that won't work is browsing and installing add-on from Atlassian Markplace directly. You have to dowload the install files and then upload them through the UI. Obtaining license key will have the same issues with the same workaround.

0 votes
Scott Ortel August 7, 2014

So, do you need to configure JIRA differently in this case? I'm getting lots of errors all over the place where JIRA is trying to reach altassian.com.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2014

Hi Scott! You should ask a new question for yourself instead of tacking on here.

Since we're here: The plugin marketplace will reach out and attempt to talk with atlassian, and will be unable to do so. I can't imagine any other components that would have issues off the top of my head, where are you seeing issues or errors?

Scott Ortel August 14, 2014

Understood Steven. Thanks for the tip.

I have the atlassian marketplace disabled via the configuration. However, I am getting a script error when trying Agile->Getting Started. It appears to be trying to load a .js script from atlassian.com

Suggest an answer