Is answers.atlassian.com getting slower, or is it just my imagination?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2011

This isn't so much a bug, so not reporting to Jira, but the response time on answers.atlassian.com seems a lot slower now than it was shortly after it went live. Is it really slower, or is it just my imagination? I especially notice this now when trying to upvote something. I end up clicking on it more than once because I think maybe I didn't click the first time and don't notice it spinning.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2011

Mo questions, mo problems! Basically the database is getting bigger and bigger, and so is the traffic. I agree that it has become slower over time, especially considering how fast it was at launch. However, there are plans to increase the speed and features of answers.atlassian.com, so stay tuned :)

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2011

Specifically, what we're doing is taking a page out of our Bitbucket friends' handbook and installing dogslow. For the Java fans out there it's basically a tool that takes a thread dump, which tells you what processes are slow. For the Bitbucket team it's been a lifesaver. Hopefully it can help us as well.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2011

What's worse, when I'm having time to go on answers, I receive nginx timeouts. Nice ....

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2011

Definitely getting slower. Must be all those duplicated questions...

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2011

Too slow for me!

Suggest an answer