Importing data from Pivotal Tracker

I have a JIRA onDemand instance with GreenHopper and to start using this instance I need to import existing data from Pivotal Tracker.

I checked the documentation, but the instructions at are not inline with the interface I see on JIRA onDemand.

Can anyone help me with this. It's critical for us to import this data in order to start using JIRA.

1 answer

Hi Akash,

It's not currently possible to import Pivotal data directly into JIRA OnDemand, so instead what you need to do is import the data into a locally hosted instance of JIRA, (it's very easy to install and an average home computer has enough power to run it for this purpose), and then re-export the data into XML format to import into your OnDemand instance. The Pivotal is very sable and easy to use, so I wouldn't foresee you having many problems performing this process.

I believe that our developers are working to get all the external bug tracker import tools bundled into OnDemand, however, as it is still a new platform, these things take time so the best solution is to import/export it locally and then import the XML data into your OnDemand instance.

All the best,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

285 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot