Importing data from Pivotal Tracker

aakash Dharmadhikari January 2, 2012

Hello,

I have a JIRA onDemand instance with GreenHopper and to start using this instance I need to import existing data from Pivotal Tracker.

I checked the documentation, but the instructions at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+From+Pivotal+Tracker#ImportingDataFromPivotalTracker-AboutimportingfromPivotalTracker are not inline with the interface I see on JIRA onDemand.

Can anyone help me with this. It's critical for us to import this data in order to start using JIRA.

Thanks,

Aakash

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2012

Hi Akash,

It's not currently possible to import Pivotal data directly into JIRA OnDemand, so instead what you need to do is import the data into a locally hosted instance of JIRA, (it's very easy to install and an average home computer has enough power to run it for this purpose), and then re-export the data into XML format to import into your OnDemand instance. The Pivotal is very sable and easy to use, so I wouldn't foresee you having many problems performing this process.

I believe that our developers are working to get all the external bug tracker import tools bundled into OnDemand, however, as it is still a new platform, these things take time so the best solution is to import/export it locally and then import the XML data into your OnDemand instance.

All the best,

John

Suggest an answer