Importing CSV file, Originale Estimate comes in as seconds.

We are importing using a CSV file. The Originale Estimate field is coming in as seconds. Is there a way to format the Original Estimate field?

3 answers

1 accepted

Its a pre-requisite that the original estimate in the csv file needs to be in seconds. So there is nothing wrong with the import. Have a look at the url for confirmation

The workaround I would suggest is to open the file in excel and multiply the column for original estimate by a equivalent factor (say 60 if it is in min or 3600 if it is in hours in your csv)

I´m using JIRA v6.3.8 and I have a question:

If for an issue I need 1 hour to do the task, on CSV file I should use the value 3600 or 3600s?

I´m asking because using just number 3600, when I look a task in Jira, the field is filled with 1m.

it doesn't make sense to enter estimate in seconds. If Atlassian wants to allow users to do some planning in Jira, then stick to hours and days.

3600 is 1 hour

in JIRA the default setting per day is 8 hours (unless your admin has changed it)

28800 is 1 day

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

119 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot