Import Issues

Daniel Cameron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2012

I've reviewed the documentation and I don't see an option to import a CSV of issues. I'm using onDemand and all I see is a Jira import but since I'm coming from redmine that wont work.

2 answers

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2012

This link might be helpful, it goes into full detail about the process:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18797

The CSV importer is not perfect and can cause some headaches...which is why it is not currently linked on the import page...if you have any problems with it, don't hesitate to open a support request and we can help out with the import.

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2012

The CSV importer is not perfect and can cause some headaches...which is why it is not currently linked on the import page..

To be more precise: historically all importers (including CSV) were available only for system admins. In OnDemand it meant that they were not available to end users who have maixmum normal admin right. But that was changed some time ago, but in OnDemand the link is still hidden (though available via direct URL).

Additionally CVS importer does not take into account the presence of other apps in the OnDemand offering. That is if it creates a user it will not be enabled for other apps (like Confluence or FishEye). if it creates a JIRA project, then corresponding elements in other apps (like wiki space, Crucible project or FishEye repo) are not created.

These are things which are now being addressed and hopefully will be seen in OnDemand very soon.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2012

It's restricted - see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand and then raise an issue with support to get your data imported.

Suggest an answer