I am unable to create a request type on Servicedesk

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Troubleshooting issues with request types

I have begun a JIRA Serviceesk trial and am the system admin. I am unable to create a request type. JIRA is telling me that i cannot view this page as it is only available to servicedesk users,

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Indeed,  You can be a sysadmin, but you have to check te project permission scheme.  It changes from the moment you activate Servicedesk.

This widget could not be displayed.
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Nov 30, 2015

Hello Mansoor,
Ensure that you're an Service Desk agent and you have a Customer Request Type under your Service Desk project configurations, then try to raise another ticket in your project. In order to troubleshooting this problem, try to also run the Permission Helper for a better understanding related to the Service Desk roles and your permissions.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

33 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you