I am trying to create a dashboard

Curtis February 22, 2017

I am trying to track SLA's with a dashboard and I cannot figure out how to track them by business day or 8 hours a day 5 days a week excluding weekends.

Example: I have an SLA for Access Requests that is not to exceed 48 hours

project = ET AND component in (??) AND priority in (p5,p4,p3,p2,p1) AND createdDate < -48h

How do I subtract weekends / holidays from createdate <-48h?

Or is there a better way to do this?

Curtis

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2017

Hi Curtis,

If you want to really manage SLA's and act upon that, JIRA Service Desk would be the most logical answer. Not only does it offer you flexible and JQL-based configuration to set them up, but also everything you need to keep track of them and alert the right people to respond in a timely fashion. It also includes configurable calendars, which let you implement exactly what you are describing.

To find more information, check the JIRA Service Desk documentation.

JIRA Service Desk is a purpose built application for IT and Service teams. So if - for whatever reason - you are not able to implement it as the solution to your request and need to stick to your current JIRA (Software or Core) instance, check the Atlassian Marketplace and search for SLA related add-ons (I included the search already in the link).

Happy hunting! In a timely fashion wink

Suggest an answer