How to tell if Greenhopper is installed/enabled?

I am using JIRA in Atlassian OnDemand. I would like to use Greenhopper as I have at other companies.

I sumitted a request for a trial version of Greenhopper, which generated a license key. The documentation then asked me to install the plug-in, via administration->manage plugins->install plugin. However, the Manage Plugins page has no install button, and has language about how all plug-ins are predefined and addition plug-ins cannot be installed. Greenhopper is in that list of installed plug-ins, and is marked as Enabled. When I expand the Greenhopper entry I see no way to enter a license key.

There is no Agile drop-down on my main JIRA page, which I assume means that Greenhopper is not yet available.

How to proceed from here?

thanks, Tim

2 answers

You may want to refer to the direct steps I suggested here if you are in OnDemand. That should allow the appearance of the Agile tab in your instance.

0 vote

I think there's something unclear on the license request stuff on Atlassian OnDemand, as this is the second one of these I've seen today.

The other one is at , but I think the basic problem is that it's not clear when you create a "trial version" that you're creating it for a standalone/download installation, and you need to request a trial under OnDemand. That process won't give you a license key at all - it should just make the Agile tab appear in your OnDemand install.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

71 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot