How to tell if Greenhopper is installed/enabled?

Tim Converse November 22, 2012

I am using JIRA in Atlassian OnDemand. I would like to use Greenhopper as I have at other companies.

I sumitted a request for a trial version of Greenhopper, which generated a license key. The documentation then asked me to install the plug-in, via administration->manage plugins->install plugin. However, the Manage Plugins page has no install button, and has language about how all plug-ins are predefined and addition plug-ins cannot be installed. Greenhopper is in that list of installed plug-ins, and is marked as Enabled. When I expand the Greenhopper entry I see no way to enter a license key.

There is no Agile drop-down on my main JIRA page, which I assume means that Greenhopper is not yet available.

How to proceed from here?

thanks, Tim

2 answers

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2012

You may want to refer to the direct steps I suggested here if you are in OnDemand. That should allow the appearance of the Agile tab in your instance.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2012

I think there's something unclear on the license request stuff on Atlassian OnDemand, as this is the second one of these I've seen today.

The other one is at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/109151/no-agile-menus , but I think the basic problem is that it's not clear when you create a "trial version" that you're creating it for a standalone/download installation, and you need to request a trial under OnDemand. That process won't give you a license key at all - it should just make the Agile tab appear in your OnDemand install.

Suggest an answer