How to see log work fields in jira

Fiona Gallagher April 10, 2013

I have added the log work field to the default screen in jira so when users are changing statusthey can log their hours atthe same time without going into another tab log woek and screen,

but this field log work does not show me the client account, or the type of work or billable ootion so if I log the time spent it does not go towards and accounts set up.

Users are not logging their work against the accounts and this is a problem for us

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi Fiona, just in case you are using Tempo Plugin? This plugin has a field that it's called Account and the thing with this field is that it is related to the issue, not the worklog. So every worklog registered in that issue will have that account automatically.

Fiona Gallagher April 11, 2013

With the wa we are set up when you log the work you need to log it against a client account other wise it wont go againsy any account.

in the first screenshot when I log time spent there is no option to select the client account or billable

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

But are you using Tempo Plugin? And it's Client Account a custom field you created?

Fiona Gallagher April 14, 2013

yes I am using tempp plugin and clint account is a work log attribute I added in tempo set up, it is an account type

Fiona Gallagher April 15, 2013
<form id="hiddenAttributeForm" class="ajs-dirty-warning-exempt" action="" method="post">
<label>Name</label> <input id="popupAttributeName" type="text" name="popupAttributeName"/>
<label>Type</label>
<label>External URL</label> <input id="popupAttributeExternalURL" type="text" name="popupAttributeExternalURL" disabled="disabled" size="50"/>
Note: External URL must return a JSONP object values[[key: value]]
<label>Required</label> <input id="popupAttributeRequired" type="checkbox" name="popupAttributeRequired"/>
czcsds
</form>
Fiona Gallagher April 15, 2013

ignore commnet above,

Let me clarify I ma using the tempo plugin on JIRA

The client account in not a custom field in jira

I set it up in Tempo as a worklog Attribute which is of type Account

It contains a dropdown which is also configured in tempo as an Account

Fiona Gallagher April 16, 2013

I dont want the users to have to navigate to the log work tab as an additional step, I want them to be able to see all the log work fields, including the type of work, client account, billable options, on the same page as they would enter when the change status on a ticket in jira, i.e open to in progress, is this possible?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hi Fiona, I don't believe it's possible to do that because Tempo customfields and Jira customfields aren't the same thing. In Tempo the fields you create are Registry Attributes and they can't be used on a JIRA screen.

Suggest an answer