How to have OnDemand's design on locally installed JIRA?

Tommy Bergeron November 14, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get Jira OnDemand's new design on my new local JIRA installation. Is it possible?

I dislike the old design, the way everything is crippled, and I love new design's spacing so that would be great!

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

The new header design will be coming to self-hosted JIRA in version 6.0 (the next major release after 5.2).

Tommy Bergeron November 15, 2012

Thanks for the information, is there any release date for version 6.0?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2012

Ah, thanks Michael, I wasn't sure how much of it was just for OnDemand.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

Start by upgrading to version 5.2 - after that, some of the rest of the "design" is OnDemand specific, so you're a bit stuck. Might be able to get closer with a bit of css amendments etc. But you'll need to be specific about which bits you now want.

Thanks for your answer. This is a fresh local JIRA install, and I imported my OnDemand backup on it. It's JIRA's last version (v5.2#812-sha1:c4fbab6). The import seems to have broke something maybe. But I cannot simply re-import manually everything... Any suggestions? It seems that it disabled access to the plugin manager. It's maybe because it's disabled on OnDemand so this setting got imported? Thanks!

In Confluence, they always talk about "Manage Addons" but I have only "Manage Plugins". Is it normal?

I also have this message: A system administrator has disabled your connection to the Atlassian Marketplace server. In the meantime you may search for new plugins and updates on theAtlassian Marketplace website.

Suggest an answer