How to get issue cloned event inside jira Listener?

Hi .. There are many methods inside Jira listener like issueCreated, issueCommented etc.

But is there any issueCloned for a jira listener?

both listener , EventType doenst have any methods/fields to trap this event.

I want to handle some logic whenever an issue is cloned.

Any help??

Thanks..

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No, there is no "issue cloned" event. The internal systems don't really see a "clone", they see "new issue", even though all the data is scraped from an existing issue.

I suspect you need to trap a "create" event instead, then scan it to see where it was cloned from - you can look for the "clone" added to the summary, or the "was cloned from" link back to the original (although, it is possible to turn both of those off, and I'm stuck on how you'd detect a clone if that happens)

issuecreated doesnt seems to get triggered when a clone is created. so i couldnt really do anything there.

Also, In my case i disabled issue links "clone" and "was cloned from" so not sure how can i take it forward. Is there a way in which i can atleast disable cloning of issues?

IssueCreated will definitely be fired... if it wasn't notifications wouldn't work for cloned issues.

Yeah.. i was testing incorrectly earlier. IssueCreated is fired when a clone is created.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

46 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you