How to fetch old Sprints velocity?

We want to pull velocity from Sprint 0 to Sprint 5 (FYI we are running sprint 10). But Velocity Report can show only 7 recent sprints. So how to retrieve velocity info of old sprints.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

You can also use the Sprint Report to view any past Sprint. It will give you a total of completed story points (or whatever you are using for your estimates) which is the velocity for the Sprint - it appears at the top of the first table (Completed Issues) below the graph.

Yes you are right Joanne. Thanks for the info.

A velocity report is useful in helping to predict how much work can be completed by the team in a future sprint, based on recent work. Currently the Velocity Chart is hardcoded to show (max) last 7 sprints, but there's an improvement request (GHS-6034) to have the ability to show all sprints within a project.

Feel free to vote for it to increase its visibility, and add yourself as a watcher to keep track of its progress.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

175 views 3 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot