How to fetch old Sprints velocity?

Bala Krishna February 11, 2013

Hi,

We want to pull velocity from Sprint 0 to Sprint 5 (FYI we are running sprint 10). But Velocity Report can show only 7 recent sprints. So how to retrieve velocity info of old sprints.

Thanks in advance.

-Bala

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

You can also use the Sprint Report to view any past Sprint. It will give you a total of completed story points (or whatever you are using for your estimates) which is the velocity for the Sprint - it appears at the top of the first table (Completed Issues) below the graph.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Viewing+the+Sprint+Report

Bala Krishna February 12, 2013

Yes you are right Joanne. Thanks for the info.

2 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

A velocity report is useful in helping to predict how much work can be completed by the team in a future sprint, based on recent work. Currently the Velocity Chart is hardcoded to show (max) last 7 sprints, but there's an improvement request (GHS-6034) to have the ability to show all sprints within a project.

Feel free to vote for it to increase its visibility, and add yourself as a watcher to keep track of its progress.

Hope it helps.

Bala Krishna February 12, 2013

Thanks Jeison.

Deleted user June 21, 2018

Quick help needed pls. 

I have a team dashboard where I capture the velocity of the team for various sprints. Currently, we are in the third sprint and for some reason, the velocity chart pulls up old two sprints i.e Sprint-1 & Sprint-2. But it also pulls up some other sprint the chart. This happens when I (Uncheck ) Sprint name contains. 

When I check Sprint name contains it only pulls up only one sprint that's mentioned in the field. Did anyone encounter such issue?

I have other boards with the same options they all seem to pull the right sprints.

Chaitra badarinath October 24, 2019

Hi Ramya, how did you create a dashboard showing the velocity? Did you use their gadgets?

ambujp March 31, 2021

I have same question. How do we create dashboard showing velocity of older sprints.

For me in "Velocity Chart" reports it just shows last completed sprint. And in Sprint report, I can check "completed", "not completed", "removed", "completed outside sprint", and i need to do some maths if there are tickets which were added/removed after sprint started. 

Suggest an answer