How to export data from one instance to another?

Kavitha Chandramohan August 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting issues

1. What are the prerequisites need to be considered while exporting data from one JIra instance to another JIRA instance? (cloud to server)

2. How to export data from Mastero to JIRA

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016
  1. When it comes to JIRA cloud to server i am not fully confident, but i recently moved JIRA 6.2.1 server to a JIRA 6.3.15 server and noticed a bunch of stuff i assumed would just work. What i did: installed a brand new setup of JIRA 6.3.15, set it up on external database, installed all plugins we depended on, imported XML dump from old server, reindex and once restarted.. All plugins where still missing and had to be manually added once again. I am not sure if this applies to cloud as well, but if it did on server to server, i can only assume that. Also, cacerts will be replaced, server.xml (with custom ports setup), setenv.sh (assigned memory settings) that all have to be reapplied.
  2. Do not know Mastero..

Deleted user December 13, 2016

Jonas,

Did you have any issues with the external database after import your XML onto the new instance? You mentioned having to add plug-ins again, but does the same apply to your external database?

Suggest an answer