How do you favourite questions in Answers?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2013
The old UI allowed you to save a question and perhaps an answer too as a favourite. This was really handy, but now I can't seem to locate my favourites or add to them. Is this making a return soon, or just hidden somewhere that I've not noticed?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2013

We're going to bring this functionality back:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-1054

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Cool, especially since you still have the "favourite" badge ;-)

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2013

Awesome. Thanks.

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2013

David,

To stop automatically following everything you touch go to the notifications menu under your profile picture in the upper right of the screen. Once you've disabled the auto follow options you can use the following system as a favourite repository.

Best regards

Peter

0 votes
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi David,

The 3.02 release of last week brought back question voting and favoriting questions - please let me know if this fixes your issue :)

Cheers,
Dennis

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

How do I find my old favorites?

0 votes
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

Favouriting a question has changed to the concept of "Following" a question, which has much the same functionality. You can see which questions you are following by clicking on your user icon in the top right > Notifications > Following.

Marketplace Partner
May 7, 2013

Hmm. Not quite.

Favouriting is something that you do manually.

Following appears to be something that automatic happens based on any question that you've ever touched.

I seem to be following hundreds of questions, but I've only favourited about 10. Is there any way of finding the questions that were favourited before the UI change?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events