How do I turn off email notifications

Kevin Molloy April 10, 2013

Our production instance of JIRA is sending out multiple email notifications for every activity.

How do I turn off email?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Molloy April 11, 2013

All fixed now, phew.

2 votes
Kevin Molloy April 11, 2013

Hi Marcus

A disable email button would have been wonderful but we are not yet on v5.2.

anyway, the mystery of multiple emails has now been solved.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Duplicate+Issue+Creation%2C+Comments+or+Notifications

Mark O. May 30, 2018

What's the point of posting a link if Atlassian is going to break it without a redirect? This question is no longer answered

Like Fabian Rahm likes this
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018
0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2013

Hi Kevin,

You can simply change the notification scheme on your project administration screen or you can disable the whole outgoing mail server, stopping JIRA from sending any emails.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Kevin Molloy April 10, 2013

Thanks, but it's the whole JIRA system.

Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2013

Ok Kevin.

Depending on your JIRA version you should have a Disable button to stop the outgoing mail server (JIRA 5.2.x). If you don't have the Disable button, you'll need to remove the whole mail server configuration.

Anshul Monga February 26, 2017

In my case, despite disabling all notifications and disabling SMTP details whenever a new ticket is created via incoming email; the sender gets an email notification. 

I want to disable this auto email notification. Can anyone help ?

Iza May 20, 2018

hi, i cant find notification setting for disable my email notification.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2018

Talk to your administrators about the notification scheme in your project(s)

Suggest an answer