How do I control which fields are displayed in the "People" section on the main screen?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

How do I control which fields show:

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

I think what Udo is saying is when you're in the administration tools, and you're looking at the screen that's associated with the "view" action for this issue type for this project, do you see the "resolved by" field on that screen? If not, you should add it.

You can add fields to your edit/create/view screens in the administration section of JIRA. You can add fields to the "detail view" for GreenHopper simly by configuring that individual board...you don't use the admin sections of JIRA. You've added the fields to the detail view in greenHopper, but NOT to the view screen in JIRA.

(Edited to fix who said what)

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Thanks Justin. I hadn't cotten' to the "view" screen setup. I thought those screens were all for the modal editing boxes. I found it, added the fields, and now I see what I want.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Glad to help.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

All the user picker fields added to your View screen.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Renjith is right, unless you use the Field Security Plugin (not for free). You could set there the view and edit permission on the user picker fields to certain User, Roles or Groups.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Sorry, but either I am not making myself clear, or there is some problem.

Here is the picture of the "Testing" Story on the board. In the details section on the right you can see four people fields:

That is controled by the board options.

But when I show the whole story view I only see two of these people:

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

I am probably misunderstanding something. The screen shot above is my view screen -- unless that term means something other than I think it means.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Is the field 'Resolved by' in your view screen?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with this "Story Board". Is this Greenhopper (then this might help)? Maybe you should add an additional tag to this question

Suggest an answer