How can I share the task board with people without a licence?

I'd like to share a view of the planning task board with stakeholders who don't have a JIRA licence (or a confluence licence).

Can I export all the cards in the same order as the planning board?

It's important to share with users, and others the upcoming work, the priority and the estimates for each item so they can understand why we can't do everything they personally asked for.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes
Gary Sackett Atlassian Team Feb 14, 2013

Hi Caroline,

There would be no way to give them access to the acual boards without being a licensed Jira user. However, you could export the planning board data using this workaround:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/70702/how-do-i-export-the-contents-of-the-planning-board-to-a-spreadsheet

Cheers,

Gary

Thanks Gary. I'm not going to do this right now, I think sending out a spreadsheet is not a great way to engage stakeholders with what we are doing, but good to know how to order by rank - I didn't know how to do that before.

Give browser permission to 'Anyone' for your issues, share the filter of the board also to Everyone, and then you can share the board's link to anyone without license (if you are okay to make the items public).

For example see https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=96&view=planning.nodetail

Actually public is not really good for me. I don't think I'll go that way. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

123 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you