How can I force the columns that appear for others users?

Arthur Queenan April 19, 2012

We have a dashboard supported by some custom filters. I want to make sure the users are always seeing the filter result columns that I created. Ok if users want to add/change order of columns later but critical that they start with the ones that I created as part of the initial search. Possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2012

Actually, no, that's not really true. There is no "user interface" option.

I think what Ramiro means is that you have two things to look at.

First, you can go global. If you go to Admin -> Navigator Columns, then you can set the global default columns that everyone will get to begin with. As soon as they start to set their own column order, that's gone. I don't think that's what you need, although I think it's what Ramiro was thinking of.

Secondly, the thing I think you actually want - you can set a column order on a saved filter - go to your filter, then look under tools, and you'll find set-column-order as an option. Every time someone goes to that filter, they will see it with your columns (but they can then change the columns as normal. For themselves though - it won't affect the filter or it's saved columns). The settings stay with the filter too, they won't affect other filters or the users preferences, it just sets the order when they look at the filter.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2012

Yes, that was what I meant. I though that could be. I forgot about the filters for that matter.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2012

Yes it is possible, you can go to system and then into User Interface! And configure there!

Arthur Queenan April 19, 2012

ok, under Administration tab, see Systems on left panel but don't see User Interface.

Suggest an answer