Hide the far left button on the toolbar for application links except to logged in users?

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2013

Hello,

On the left side of JIRA and Confluence (latest versions) toolbars is a button (multiple horizontal lines) when clicked it shows the application links. We use these to quickly navigation between JIRA, Confluence, and other employee pages, version control portals, etc. It's a useful feature but we want to allow public access to confluence for documentation and not allow users to access these links, i.e. hide this far left toolbar button.

How can we configure this so we don't lose the usefulness of this toolbar button so it's only available to us? We don't allow users to register as we have a limited number of licenses so only anonymous users on confluence to view documentation is where we need this hidden.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2013

Hi Neal, the Application Navigator can be set to only show for certain group. You can click on the top-left link, configure, and use the 'Restriceted for Groups'. To have it only show users that has the permission to log in, you can find a particular group where only all logins users has it. More information can be found in here.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

It appears the security/permissions is not synced to confluence. I use JIRA as the main user directory and that's where the links are coming from in confluence, I had hoped the security would sync, I have set it on both ends manually and it's working great. Thank you.

Suggest an answer